USAG Junior Olympic Team
AGA’s USAG Junior Olympic team program is designed for the gymnast who wants to compete and experience the great sport of gymnastics at some of the highest levels of competition. This program is designed to provide a high-intensity, high-reward, competition experience based on individual and team accomplishment, and is a fantastic program for that gymnast whose goal may be to eventually compete in College level gymnastics.
The Women's Junior Olympic Program at AGA is divided into three major segments; D-Team, Compulsory, and Optionals:
- AGA's Developmental Team (D-Team Jr. and Sr.) gymnastics class is for girls who have displayed an ability to work through our progressions at a accelerated rate, and have also expressed an interest in a goal of competing for a spot on one of our competitive USAG junior Olympic teams. D-Team is a more advanced training class where the gymnasts practice two to three days per week for two to three hours per day. Emphasis is placed on strength, flexibility, and learning the USA Gymnastics Compulsory Level competition skill progressions
- Levels 3-5 are the “Compulsory” and are developmental and progressive in nature; each building upon the skills required at the previous level. Every athlete at these levels compete the same USAG developed routines as other athletes competing at the same level. Competitive opportunities are provided up to and including the Colorado USA Gymnastics State Championships. Training is year-round, with the competitive season occurring September through December.
- Levels 6 through 10 are the "Optional" USAG gymnastics levels. Gymnasts at this level each have individually choreographed routines following USA Gymnastics difficulty guidelines. Levels 6 through 9 have difficulty restrictions, while Level 10 has no restrictions in the skill choice. Training is year-round, with the competitive season occurring January through as late as April/May.
- Level 6 has competitive opportunities up to and including the Colorado State Championships. Additional post-season competitive opportunities are provided for Levels 7-10, with the Level 10 competitive season culminating at the Jr. Olympic National Championships, Level 9 at the Western Championships and Level 7 and 8 at the Regional Championships.
AGA Junior Olympic Program Summary
- By Try-Out/Invitation Only
- Ages 4-5 (Developmental Team)
- Ages 6+ (Competitive Teams)
- Highly Competitive
- Travel League (# of meets dependant on level)
- College Prep Program
- 10-30+ Hours Per Week depending on level assignment
- Year Round program with heavy attendance requirements